Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fall into Fashion!



The September Issues:


You may already be aware but for the fashion newbies, the September issues of most magazines are chock full of fall fashion. Most notable Vogue has the huge September issue but there are others too, like InStyle! I love looking through the magazines of this month and tabbing pages that have merchandise I'm going to lust over. So, my point is that if you want to get ahead of the fall fashions and start your fall wardrobe list, start here:

I usually make a list for each fashion season and I'll probably start shopping in late September or early October. I generally don't shop in late July or August because it's too early to look at coats and boots when it's raging hot outside. When looking through these fashion bibles, take your time and if you're looking to add a few new trendy pieces to your closet I like to look at a layout or ad and just identify what it is that they are showing otherwise it can be overwhelming.

Then take a look at your closet and see what you need to add. I suggest splurging on things like coats, shoes, and bags and try to save on trendy tops and pants. My basic rule is, if it's classic it's worth the money because you'll wear it year after year if it's trendy don't spend too much because chances are you'll be over it by next fall.

Go out and get your September issues and make your list! Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment